29th EFFoST International Conference
Food Science Research and Innovation: Delivering sustainable solutions to the global economy and society
10-12 November 2015 | Athens, Greece
The 29th EFFoST International Conference will be held in Athens, Greece from 10-12 November 2015 under the theme: Food Science Research and Innovation: Delivering sustainable solutions to the global economy and society. The Conference will be organized by the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) on behalf of the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST).The conference will provide a forum for the broader spectrum of food science research and innovation and will serve as a meeting point for an International audience of researchers, scientists, engineers, policy makers, professionals and students. In a year that overlaps with the closing of many major food-related FP7 projects and the first round of output from the Horizon 2020 projects, the theme of the conference reflects the current philosophy of sustainability in both scientific research and applications in the multidisciplinary field of food.
We are looking forward to making the 29th EFFoST International Conference an important scientific event that will bring together experts from multidisciplinary food related fields to: inspire a cross fertilization of new knowledge, ideas and applications; to promote networking and collaboration; to enhance academia and industry synergism in the quest for sustainable innovations for the global economy and society; and share with you the hospitality of Athens, the birthplace of congresses.
The 2015 International Nonthermal Processing Workshop, sponsored by EFFoST and the IFT Nonthemal Processing Division, will join the 29th EFFoST International Conference on the 12th of November, 2015 and will run until the 13th of November. The 29th EFFoST International Conference attendees are welcome to attend the full 2015 International Nonthermal Processing Workshop. For more details click here.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 15 May 2015
Oral and poster abstracts are now invited on the following topics. They should be submitted using the online abstract submission system
- From basic research in Food Science and Engineering to sustainable process and product development
- Novel processes for optimized conventional foods and optimization of classic processes for new products
- Energy, water and waste reduction in the food chain from theory to the consumer
- Food chemistry and material science for enhanced nutrition, health and pleasure
- New research and tools for efficient and sustainable risk and food safety management
- Advances in food structure and functionality: Research and application from the nano to the macro scale
- Food science and process engineering research applications contributing to food security and water conservation
- Food quality from the perspective of science, the food industry and society. Current and future challenges
- Advances in research and applications of nonthermal technologies for food processing and preservation