The transition towards a more sustainable food supply system is critical to guarantee access to safe and nutritious food for the future 9.7 billion world inhabitants, to enable a healthy lifestyle of consumers and to reduce the environmental impact of food production and consumption. A cross-disciplinary approach is required to accelerate innovation and implementation.
This challenge will be addressed at the EFFoST International Conference 2019 by exploring the theme: Sustainable Food Systems - Performing by Connecting. This is further examined in the below-mentioned sub-themes and topics that highlight the expertise of this year’s conference host Wageningen University & Research.
Sub-theme: Oral processing, digestion and human performance
- Food Digestion, Microbiota: understanding by connecting in vitro and in vivo studies
- Food for performance in sports
- Food for healthy ageing
- New technology and food digestibility
Sub-theme: Consumer trust, perception and engagement
- Food perception and Clean labelling
- Traceability and authenticity
- Personalised food and nutrition
- Regulatory, food safety and security
Sub-theme: Circular food systems and beyond
- Quantification of resource use efficiency
- System changes
- New challenges for food science and technology
- Mild processing
Oral and paper abstracts are now invited by using the online abstract submission system.
Abstract Submission Deadline: 3 May 2019
Visit the EFFoST 2019 Conference website for more information.