EFFoST is committed to providing a platform for food scientists to share their work that will advance food science and technology in order to produce healthy and sustainable food for all. In these uncertain times, you may be wondering whether the EFFoST conference will go ahead in November. The vaccine programmes being rolled out in Europe show much promise and EFFoST is optimistic that international travel and event restrictions will be lifted in time to allow us to meet in-person in Lausanne, Switzerland. However, just in case health and safety protocols do not allow a fully physical event, EFFoST2021 will be planned as a hybrid conference to ensure that everyone can join.
The 35th EFFoST International Conference will be hosted by Agroscope, Bühler Group, EPFL, ETH Zürich and Nestlé, and supported by an independent scientific committee. EFFoST2021 will be held in the city of Lausanne, Switzerland from 1-4 November 2021.
The conference theme 'Healthy Individuals, Resilient Communities, and Global Food Security' will be further examined in the below listed sub-themes and topics. We look forward to receiving your abstracts for oral and poster presentations. Please submit your work via the abstract submission system by 28 May 2021.
Advancing Science for Shifting Consumer Trends
- Food product design in times of uncertainties: technologies for affordable, shelf-stable products
- Food & nutrition to enhance the resilience of individuals
Shaping Robust and Flexible Supply Chains & Manufacturing Setups
- Technologies for decentralized and modular food processing
- Safety, Authenticity, Sanitation in innovative food processing
- Towards Food Industry 4.0
Engineering Affordable and Sustainable Nutrition Solutions
- Food technology for low cost & high nutritional value
- Biodiversity for healthier diets: alternative proteins, ancient ingredients, minimum processing
- Plant-based vs. animal-based protein: ingredients, processing, nutrition and liking
EFFoST Student of the Year Award
If you are a PhD or MSc. Student, you may also be interested in submitting your abstract for the EFFoST Student of the Year Award. This award, sponsored by Cargill, is a great opportunity for you, or your students, to build and expand your professional network and boost your future career in food science and technology. Click here to enter!
We are still working on the details of the hybrid conference, but rest assured the EFFoST2021 is going ahead and you will have ample opportunity to share your work. Make sure to block 1-4 November in your diary!
We look forward to receiving your abstract and hope you will join us at EFFoST2021.