The 34th EFFoST International Conference: Bridging high-tech, food-tech and health: Consumer-oriented innovations will be hosted by Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, and held online.
In light of the increasing challenges the food industry faces, there is an immediate need for healthy, safe, sustainable, diverse and wholesome food solutions to fit the needs and preferences of the consumer. EFFoST 2020 will catalyse partnerships and exchanges of fundamental and applied interdisciplinary insights and ideas to enhance and extend the capacity of the food sector to face such challenges today and tomorrow.
Every year the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) organises this prestigious academic food science and technology conference. This year the EFFoST2020 conference will be held online, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated health concerns. This exciting event is a valuable opportunity for you to share your work, listen to talks live or at your leisure and to connect with other attendees, speakers and poster presenters all in one place.
Attendees will be able to follow and engage in the EFFoST2020 Conference via an online event platform, including:
- Live broadcast of plenary speakers from a studio environment.
- Interactive parallel sessions with the possibility to ask speakers questions.
- Sessions for poster presentations allowing for discussions with presenters.
- Live engagement through chats, polls, online networking meetings and more.
- All content of the conference will be available on-demand for 1 month after the conference.
This solution will allow presenters to reach a larger audience for an extended period of time, thus, boosting the impact of the presented studies.
Make sure to block 10-12 November 2020 in your diary, to join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policymakers, professionals and students from multidisciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships.
The 34th EFFoST International Conference will explore the theme: Bridging high-tech, food-tech and health: Consumer-oriented innovations. This is further examined in the below mentioned sub-themes that highlight the expertise of our conference host, Technion.
Engineering consumer-oriented foods
- Optimizing foods for health: processing, properties, digestibility and delivery
- Tackling food-consumer complexities: –omics analyses, food personalization and precise nutrition
- Big data, IOT and modelling for a smarter food sector
- Food safety and novel food trends
Shaping the food chain sustainability
- Optimizing resource use: rationalizing food fabrication and by-product valorisation
- New and novel extraction/processing technologies for better foods
- Smart and sustainable food packaging and coatings
- Farm to fork sustainability assessments
Enhancing the endurance, diversity and resilience of the food chain
- Food traceability, authentication and consumer perceptions
- Novel food sources and ingredients
- Food palatability and pleasurability: rheology, sensory analysis and rationalized formulation
- Education of consumers and/or food professionals
Visit the EFFoST conference website for more information and to register.