The 15th European PhD Workshop on Food Engineering and Technology is organised by the EFCE Section on Food in cooperation with DIL German Institute of Food Technologies and the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU) Vienna.
Original research papers on innovative topics at the interface between food and engineering are invited to submit their abstracts. Particularly those of relevance to industry, including:
- engineering properties of foods, food physics, and physical chemistry
- heat and mass transfer in food processing (coupled with chemical or biochemical reactions)
- process-structure-function relationships of foods and food constituents
- interfacial aspects of food engineering
- food particle engineering
- product design and engineering
- cleaning, disinfection, and rinsing
- pasteurization, sterilization, hygienic design
- modeling and simulation
- process measurement and control, packaging, storage, and distribution
- design and operation of food processes, plant, and equipment; process analytical technologies
- economics of food engineering, including the economics of alternative processes
The abstract submission deadline is 22 February 2022.
For more information visit the European PhD Workshop on Food Engineering and Technology website.