REFRESH has established multi-stakeholder voluntary agreements in 4 pilot countries, published 32 project result publications, and organised a Food Waste Solution Contest and multiple stakeholder events.
REFRESH has also achieved the following project results:
- Developed strategic agreements to reduce food waste with governments, business and local stakeholders in five pilot countries: Spain, Germany, Hungary, the Netherlands and China. Within pilots, the participating stakeholders will test new approaches to reduce food waste.
- Buildt a pan-EU evidence base exploring and explaining the factors influencing current ‘sub-optimal’ consumer and business behaviour and practice, in order to support effective and targeted interventions.
- Formulated EU policy recommendations and support national implementation of food waste policy frameworks.
- Provided better estimations of the environmental impacts of food waste reduction.
- Designed and developed technological innovations to improve valorisation of food waste, e.g. from food processing.
For a full overview of the REFRESH project results download the Interim Results Brochure on the REFRESH website.