The acceleration of climate change and the outbreak of the COVID pandemic shows the central role of food and nutrition to provide basic needs to attain wellbeing and resilience for individuals, families and societies around the world. We share FAO’s vision of a world free from hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all. Therefore, EFFoST2021 aims to be a catalyst for collaboration between industry, academia and governments to address challenges in food and nutrition. This will be achieved by focusing on the sub-themes and topics:
Advancing science for shifting consumer trends
- Food product design in times of uncertainties: technologies for affordable, shelf-stable products
- Food & nutrition to enhance the resilience of individuals and societies
Shaping Robust and Flexible Supply Chains & Manufacturing Setups
- Technologies for decentralized and modular food processing
- Safety, Authenticity, Sanitation in innovative food processing
- Towards Food Industry 4.0
Engineering Affordable and Sustainable Nutrition Solutions
- Food technology for low cost & high nutritional value
- Biodiversity for healthier diets: alternative proteins, ancient ingredients, minimum processing
- Plant-based vs. animal-based protein: ingredients, processing, nutrition and liking
Every year the European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) organises this prestigious academic food science and technology conference. Join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policymakers, professionals and students from multidisciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships.
Make sure to block 1-4 November 2021 in your diary, to join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and students from multidisciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships
For more information on conference topics and abstract submission , please visit the 35th EFFoST International Conference website.