The 35th EFFoST International Conference will be hosted by Agroscope, Bühler Group, EPFL, ETH Zürich and Nestlé, and supported by an independent scientific committee. EFFoST2021 will be held in the city of Lausanne, Switzerland from 1-4 November 2021.
The conference theme 'Healthy Individuals, Resilient Communities, and Global Food Security' will be further examined in the below listed sub-themes and topics. We look forward to receiving your abstracts for oral and poster presentations. Please submit your work via the abstract submission system by 23 April 2021
Advancing Science for Shifting Consumer Trends
- Food product design in times of uncertainties: technologies for affordable, shelf-stable products
- Food & nutrition to enhance the resilience of individuals
Shaping Robust and Flexible Supply Chains & Manufacturing Setups
- Technologies for decentralized and modular food processing
- Safety, Authenticity, Sanitation in innovative food processing
- Towards Food Industry 4.0
Engineering Affordable and Sustainable Nutrition Solutions
- Food technology for low cost & high nutritional value
- Biodiversity for healthier diets: alternative proteins, ancient ingredients, minimum processing
- Plant-based vs. animal-based protein: ingredients, processing, nutrition and liking
Now the vaccine programmes are being rolled out in Europe, EFFoST is optimistic that international travel and event restrictions will be lifted in time to allow us to meet in-person in Lausanne, Switzerland. However, just in case health and safety protocols do not allow a fully physical event, EFFoST2021 may be planned as a hybrid conference to ensure that everyone can join.
Make sure to block 1-4 November 2021 in your diary, to join world-renowned researchers, scientists, policy makers, professionals and students from multidisciplinary food-related fields to share the latest developments and create new partnerships
For more information, please visit the 35th EFFoST International Conference website.