Trends in Food Science & Technology (TIFS) is one of the premier international peer-reviewed journals publishing critical reviews and commentaries of current technology, food science and human nutrition. Its role is to fill the gap between the specialized primary journals and general trade magazines by focusing on the most promising new research developments and their current and potential food industry applications in a readable, scientifically rigorous way. Issues include a selection of reviews, commentaries, conference reports, book reviews and a calendar of upcoming conferences, courses and exhibitions. It does not publish research papers.
Topics discussed in Trends in Food Science & Technology (TIFS) include:
- New or novel raw materials including bioactive compounds
- Ingredients and technologies
- Molecular, micro- and macro-structure
- New developments in food engineering
- Rapid techniques for online control
- Novel processing and packaging technologies
- Advanced biotechnological and nanoscience developments and applications in food research
- Quality assurance methods and application of -omics techniques
- Risk assessment of both biological and non-biological hazards in food
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Food function and relationships between diet and disease
- Consumer attitudes to food and risk assessment.